Last updated on 12 January 2021
Who we are?
Pickinsights is an online data collection platform focused on providing high-quality market research data for customers in various business areas. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, purpose, use, share and protect the personal data you provide on Pickinsights.com.(our "Website") and participate in surveys we conduct for and on behalf of our customers when you become our member.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to your consent to participate in a survey managed by a third party. In such cases, Pickinsights is not the sponsor of the investigation, and the technology/media and findings or data of such investigation are and will be controlled by the sponsor of such investigation. Please refer to the relevant third party privacy Policies for more information about these third party privacy practices.
What personal data do we collect about you?
Pickinsights collects information from different parts of our web site network in a variety of ways. We may collect, use, store and transmit different types of personal data about you. Personal data is any information about an individual that can identify that person. But it does not include data that has been de-identified (that is, anonymous data). As follows:
1. Basic identity data - first name (including first name, last name, maiden name and married name), date of birth, marital status, sex, membership ID and username, postal address, email address and telephone number.
2. Specific categories of personal data - race/ethnic origin, health, genetics, political views, religion, sexual orientation and sexual life.
3. Personal data -- interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, including but not limited to; Age, marital status, sex, birth date, family size, income, education and employment status.
4. Technical data includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, login data, browser type and version, time zone Settings and location, browser plug-in type and version, operating system and platform, and other technical websites on the devices you use to access the Site.
Why we collect data (purpose)?
Keep you informed of our products, services and activities and get your comments, which help to develop new products and services. But also to comply with laws and regulations; Marketing newsletters may also be sent to you, with your permission, to inform you of our activities and to send surveys about our products and services.
What are cookies and how do you use them?
Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not sell or disclose your information unless described in this Privacy Statement or otherwise agreed by you.
We may share the following information:
1. We will not disclose any of your personal identity information, such as the need to offer we will pass the survey to collect from you reply in the form of anonymous and summary or provide to our customers in the form of a false name, if we provide in the form of anonymous and summary results, the result will include information about personal groups, rather than the individual level of information. If we provide results under pseudonyms, they will be on an individual basis, using a unique identifier, such as the group member ID you assigned, but will not include your identity data or contact data.
2. Your identity data or contact data will only be provided to our clients for research purposes in specific investigations, unless we first receive your consent and confirm with them that their use complies with applicable laws and codes of practice for market research.
3. Relating to any lawful request of a public authority to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
4. If we are required to do so under applicable law or by law or court procedure, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent damage or economic loss, or in connection with investigations into actual or suspected fraudulent or illegal activities.
5.If there is a sale of a majority of the shares or assets of the legal entities owning and operating Pickinsights, you agree that your personal information and data may be transferred or assigned to such new owners.
6. We may retain personal data or machine identifiable information to satisfy your request.
7. Links to other sites
This site may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such sites. To ensure the protection of your privacy, please be sure to check the privacy statements of the sites you visit through links to this site.
What security measures do we take to protect your personal data?
Your member account information and member profile information are password protected, so you and only you have access to this personal information. We advise you not to reveal your password to anyone. We will never ask for your password in any way. Please remember to log out of your membership account and close the browser window when you are done. This is to ensure that if you share a computer with others or use a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet cafe, others cannot access your personal information and communications.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and they have a duty of confidentiality.
Despite our best efforts to protect your privacy, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will do our best to secure it on our system. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, or if you have reason to believe that the personal data we hold about you is no longer secure, please contact us immediately in accordance with the instructions in this Privacy Statement.
We have procedures in place to deal with any alleged violations of personal data, and we will notify you and any applicable regulatory or supervisory authority if required by law to do so.
We are committed to protecting children's privacy. We do not knowingly collect any information about children under the age of 13 without the permission of a parent, legal guardian or adult responsible for the child. If you are under 13 years of age, please let your parent or guardian know about this policy and give him or her permission before you provide us with any of your personal or demographic information, use our site or participate in a survey. Except as required by law, we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose any personal information about children under the age of 13 without the express approval and consent of their parents. We comply with COPPA, the EU Safer Internet Initiative, the General Data Protection Regulation and the ESOMAR guidelines relating to the Survey of Children and Young People. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and are aware that your child has provided us with personal data and you are not aware of such treatment, please contact us in accordance with the instructions in this Privacy Statement and we will immediately take reasonable steps to delete any such information.
Pickinsights complies with applicable privacy laws, such as the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). You may be entitled to exercise the following rights with respect to your data:
You have access to your information; Use the Member services area and/or update, correct or delete your information.
Access: Find out your personal information type and get a copy of that information.
Right of correction: Request that your information be updated or corrected.
Data portability rights: To receive a copy of the information you provide under the contract so that you can make it available to other organizations.
Access Restriction: Requires that the use of your personal information be stopped under certain circumstances, including if you believe that the use of your personal information is incorrect or illegal.
Object of rights: The object uses your information, one party processes it based on legitimate interests, and the target party requests to delete your personal information.
The right to delete (also known as the right to be forgotten) : Under certain circumstances, request that your personal information be deleted.
We commit to and protect your data to help you understand and prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Here are some of our notes on GDPR compliance.
1. Ask permission before sending an online survey
When we send questionnaires, we ensure that data subjects give us consent to manage their personal data for one or more specific purposes. Respondents will be fully informed why their personal data is collected, where it is stored, when it is processed and how it will be used in the future. Personal information refers to the name, email address, telephone number, etc. of the interviewee, which will only be used to the extent given consent.
2. Exit the option
When inviting respondents to respond to the survey, we made sure to include an opt-out option.
3. Minor data processing
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and are aware that your child has provided us with personal data and you are not aware of such treatment, please follow the instructions in the Privacy Statement to contact us and we will immediately take reasonable steps to delete any such information.
4. Integrate survey data with third-party applications
When integrating respondents' personal survey data into third-party applications, we verify in advance that those third parties also meet GDPR requirements. Typically, we do this by updating supplier agreements to comply with GDPR.
5. Data control and retention
We authorize all customers to control their data through their accounts. As long as your account is active, you have complete control over certain types of data and how long they are held. For example, you can delete or export individual survey responses from your account as needed. We accept all content deleted from an account, and any account data you delete is permanently deleted from our backup within 90 days.
6. International data centers
We will host our users' data in the EU at their will.
This notice describes the rights of California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). This statement consists of the following parts:
1. We do not sell your personal information. If you believe that advertising or analysis by the Site using third-party cookies or similar technologies constitutes a "sale" under CCPA, you may opt out or manage your right to preferences for cookies.
2. Your CCPA rights. Subject to certain restrictions, California residents have the right to require us to disclose the personal information we collect about you, delete any personal information we collect or maintain about you, and elect not to sell any personal information about you. As a resident of the state of California, you also have the right to appoint an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf.
3. Categories of personal information we collect and source
The personal information we collect about you in all categories (details below) comes from sources in the following categories:
- You, including through your use of our services
- Automatically collected from you
- Our affiliated companies
- Third parties, such as when you allow social networks to share your information with us or when you have disclosed your personal information online
We collect personal information in the following categories:
- Identifiers (such as name, address, and E-mail address)
- Business information (e.g. transaction data)
- Financial data (e.g. billing information)
- Internet or other network or device activity (e.g. browsing history or application use)
- Location information (e.g., inferred from your IP address)
- Professional or employment-related data (e.g. your employer's name)
- Legally protected categories (e.g. gender and marital status)
- Other information that identifies you or can reasonably be associated with you
4. Categories of third parties with whom we share personal information
We share with third parties the categories of personal information we collect about you (as described above) in the following categories:
- Our affiliated companies
- Third parties (such as providers that provide services to us and our integration partners)
- Your organization, by purchasing corporate accounts from us, in the case of identifiers such as name, address and email address
5. Categories of personal information we use for commercial or commercial purposes
We will use all categories of personal information we collect about you (as described above) for the following purposes:
- Providing our services (e.g., account service and maintenance, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics and communication about our services)
- For our operational purposes, as well as the operational purposes of our suppliers and integration partners
- Improve our existing services and develop new services (e.g., develop new products or features through research)
- Detection, prevention and prosecution of security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activities
- Error detection, error reporting and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our services
- Audit consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measure the number of AD displays)
- Short-term, transient use, such as customizing what we or our suppliers display on the service
- Other uses to promote our commercial or economic interests, such as third party advertising and communicating with you about the relevant interests of third party partners
- We inform you for other purposes
Privacy statement changes
We may change the Privacy Ground Rules and this Privacy Statement from time to time, so please check it regularly. If we decide to make changes to our Privacy statement, we will post those changes on the home page or elsewhere we deem appropriate. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by email or notice on the home page before the changes become effective.